Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Its A Lifestyle's Top 25 Rap Albums Of All Time

#10 - #06



#10 - Ice Cube - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted


DOWNLOAD IT

Cube was the most popular member of N.W.A. in 1990. But at the same time he was the nigga you love to hate. After ghost writing alot of Straight Outta Compton and Eazy-Duz-It, Cube went solo. With beats from the Bomb Squad & Da Lench Mob, he spit political lyrics over dope beats. The angriest man in rap dropped a classic.

Quotable: "They try to keep me from runnin up
I never tell you to get down, it's all about comin up
So what they do, go and ban the AK?
My shit wasn't registered any-fuckin-way
So you better duck away run and hide out
When I'm rollin real slow and the lights out
Cause I'm about, to fuck up the program
Shootin out the window of a drop-top Brougham
When I'm shootin let's see who drop
The police, the media, and suckers that went pop
And motherfuckers that say they too black
Put 'em overseas they be beggin to come back
They say we promote gangs and drugs
You wanna sweep a nigga like me up under the rug
Kickin shit called street knowledge
Why more niggaz in the pen than in college?
Because of that line I might be your cellmate
That's from the nigga ya love to hate!"


#09 - Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt


DOWNLOAD IT

Mafiaso Rap was very popular in '96 and not alot of people did it better than Hov. This lp seems like it came from a seasoned vet in the game, not from someones first offical album.

Quotable: "My pops knew exactly what he did when he made me
Tried to get a nut and he got a nut and what
Straight bananas; can a nigga, see me?
Got the US Open, advantage Jigga
Serve like Sampras, play fake a rappers like a campus
Le Tigre, son you're too eager
You ain't havin it? Good, me either
Let's, get together and make this whole world believe us huh?
At my arraignment, screamin
all us blacks got is sports and entertainment, until we even
Thievin, as long as I'm breathin
Can't knock the way a nigga eatin - fuck you even!"


#08 - Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle


DOWNLOAD IT

Snoop Dogg + Dr.Dre. Need I say more?


Quotable:"I lay back in the cut retain myself
Think about the shit, and I'm thinkin wealth
How can I makes my grip
And how should I make that nigga straight slip
Set trip, gotta get him for his grip
as i dip around the corner, now I'm on a-nother
mission, wishin, upon a star
Snoop Doggy Dogg with the caviar
In the back of the limo no demo, this is the real
Breakin niggaz down like Evander Holyfield, chill
to the next Episode
I make money, and I really don't love hoes
Tell ya the truth, I swoop in the Coupe
I used to sell loot, I used to shoot hoops
But now I, make, hits, every single day
With, that nigga, the diggy Dr. Dre
So lay back in the cut, motherfucker 'fore you get shot
It's 1-8-7 on a motherfuckin cop"



#07 - Notorious B.I.G. -
Ready to Die


DOWNLOAD IT

This album is perfect except for the interlude "fuck me". Big was young & hungry and spit over fire beats.

Quotable: "And now the shit's gettin crazier and major
Kids younger than me, they got the Sky grand Pagers
Goin outta town, blowin up
Six months later all the dead bodies showin up
It make me wanna grab the nine and the shottie
But I gotta go identify the body
Damn, what happened to the summertime cookouts?
Everytime I turn around a nigga gettin took out"


#06 - Eric B. & Rakim
- Paid In Full


DOWNLOAD IT

Rakim the god, if your favorite rapper is any good then he is his favorite rapper. It is one of the most influential hip-hop albums of all time.

Quotable: "Thinkin of a master plan
Cuz ain't nuthin but sweat inside my hand
So I dig into my pocket, all my money is spent
So I dig deeper but still comin up with lint
So I start my mission- leave my residence
Thinkin how could I get some dead presidents
I need money, I used to be a stick-up kid
So I think of all the devious things I did
I used to roll up, this is a hold up, ain't nuthin funny
Stop smiling, be still, don't nuthin move but the money
But now I learned to earn cos I'm righteous
I feel great! so maybe I might just
Search for a 9 to 5, if I strive
Then maybe I'll stay alive
So I walk up the street whistlin this
Feelin out of place cos, man, do I miss
A pen and a paper, a stereo, a tape of
Me and Eric B, and a nice big plate of
Fish, which is my favorite dish
But without no money it's still a wish
Cos I don't like to dream about gettin paid
So I dig into the books of the rhymes that I made
To now test to see if I got pull
Hit the studio, cos I'm paid in full"

Free Site Counters