Sunday, June 29, 2008

Its A Lifestyle's Top 25 Rap Albums Of All Time

#15 - #11


#15 - Boogie Down Productions - By All Means Necessary



DOWNLOAD IT

In 1988, The Teacher droped the first politically conscious effort in hip-hop. KRS switched up his swag on this lp, and you can tell my the album cover which mimics Brother Malcolm.

Quotable: "Let's begin, what, where, why, or when will all be explained like instructions to a game See I'm not insane, in fact, I'm kind of rational when I be asking you, "Who is more dramatical?" This one or that one, the white one or the black one pick the punk, and I'll jump up to attack one KRS-One is just the guy to lead a crew right up to your face and dis you Everyone saw me on the last album cover Holding a pistol something far from a lover"


#14 - The GZA -
Liquid Swords



DOWNLOAD IT


Gary Grice, The Genuis, The GZA, Maximillion, Allah Justice, or God Zig-Zag-Zig Allah. Whatever you wanna call him they all equal nice ass emcee. With his second studio album The GZA stopped trying to sound like LL or Kane and brought the real WU sound to the table. This lp has to many classic tracks. From the Shogun Assassin opener to the last track feat Killah Priest. CLASSIC

Quotable: "I slayed MC's back in the rec room era
My style broke motherfuckin backs like Ken Patera
Most rap niggaz came loud but unheard
Once I pulled out, round 'em off to the nearest third
Check these non-visual niggaz, with tapes and a portrait
Flood the seminar, tryin to orbit this corporate
indsutry, but what them niggaz can't see
must break through like the Wu, unexpectedly
'Protect Ya Neck', my sword still remain imperial
Before I blast the mic, RZA scratch off the serial We reign all year 'round from June to June While niggaz bite immediately if not soon"


#13 - ATCQ -
Midnight Marauders



Even though the tribe are the headliners for this years rock the bells tour. The name of the biggest group out of the native tongues begins to fade away. Its sad because not alot of artist drop three straight banging albums.

DOWNLOAD IT


Quotable: "I proceed with what ya need like Akinyele
a whip looks complete when the tires say Firelli
funk monkey, one rapper fell off, now he's a junkie
There's eight million stories in the city it's a pity"


#12 - Outkast -
ATLiens



DOWNLOAD IT

From the Comic Book cover to the lyrics and beats this album is just too dope. They're just "Two Dope Boyz (In a Cadillac)," after all.

Quotable: "Got stopped at the mall the other day, heard a call from the other way
that I just came from, some nigga was sayin some'n
talkin bout 'Hey man, you remember me from school?' Naw not really
But he kept smilin like a clown, facial expression lookin silly
And he kept askin me, what kind of car you drive, I know you paid
I know y'all got beaucoup buckos from all them songs that y'all done made
And I replied that I had been goin through tha same thing that he had
True I got more fans than the average man but not enough loot to last me
to the end of the week, I live by the beat like you live check to check
If you don't move yo' feet then I don't eat, so we like neck to neck
Yes we done come a long way like them Slim ass cigarettes
from Virginia, this ain't gon stop so we just gon' continue"


#11 - Scarface -
Mr. Scarface Is Back



DOWNLOAD IT

Mr. Scarface is a album from a time when Scarface was young, raw, and hungry. I think this is his most complete album, but over time his content expanded and gained more lyrical growth. But it all began right here.

Quotable: "I made a nut as she fell to the floor
I heard a knock on the front door
I grabbed the twelve gauge from the bed head
'Who is it?' ('Fred')
'What?! Who the fuck is Fred?' I stood by the door
By that time someone jumped in the window
Now what the fuck was I to do?
The bitch packed a twenty-two
Hit him in his head, there she laid him
The nigga standin' by the door, I sprayed him
And headed for the back
I seen that same old brown Cadillac
It kinda fucked me up at first
Cause the nigga that drove that Caddy rode away in a hearse
I opened up fire on the ride, G
Who I was shootin' for was standin' right behind me
I had a double barrel pointed at my ass
Could this be the end of Mr. Brad?"

Free Site Counters