Friday, June 27, 2008

Its A Lifestyle's Top 25 Rap Albums Of All Time

#20 - #16


#20 - Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele



DOWNLOAD IT

Every member of the Wu experienced a sophmore jinx. Except Tony Starks, infact Supreme Clientele is better than Ironman imo. From the references to the Ironman cartoon from the 60's to Ghost's new style of rap. Where you have to replay every track over and over to try and dechiper what the god said. Every track on this lp including the interludes are bangers which equals a classic.

Quotable:
"Aiyyo, this rappin's like Ziti, facin me real TV Crash at high-speeds, strawberry, kiwi As we approach, yo herb, the Gods bail These Staten Island ferryboat cats bail Fresh cellies, 50 thief up in the city We banned for life,
Apollo kids live to spit the real"


#19 -
The D.O.C. - No One Can Do It Better



DOWNLOAD IT

Although he was outshined by Cube the D.O.C. was the most lyrical out of all the N.W.A. and the West Coast/South (He was from Dallas) at the time before he injured his larynx. NOBODY was spitting like this in '89. The only people who might even come close are KRS-One, Kane, maybe Kool G. Rap. Add the fact that every track is produced by Dr. Dre and you have instant classic.

Quotable: "I am not illiterate, no not even a little bit Nothing like an idiot, get it? You want the record, cool, I'm with it! Let the rhythm take you, shake it cause it makes you As I turn the knob to the door you escape through Go in like a knot, don't be a puff And I let it play cause Dre's gettin funky enough [...] If, you want another reason, why it must be funky Yo I am not a jackass, meaning not a donkey So I will play the game, like it should be played Drop the funk into the mix so the place will never fade Ship it - ship it the the stations, in your jurisdiction Brothers say I'm dope, and the others say I'm bitchin No crowd can avoid, the D-O to the C When I'm P-E-R-F-O-R-M-I-N-G"


#18 - Kool G. Rap & DJ Polo - Road to the Riches



DOWNLOAD IT

Without Kool Genius Rap there would be no Scarface, Raekwon, or Jay-Z when he was raw. Mafioso Drug Rap started right here. Backed by their click the Juice Crew and produced by Marley Marl this album still bumps after 19 years.

Quotable: "I run rappers like races, cut them like razors
Burn them like lasers and stun them like phasers
Cause my brain thinks and it blanks you memory banks
Sharp as shanks and poetry is like big hanks"


#17 - Mobb Deep - The Infamous



DOWNLOAD IT

Dunn
this was the album that made Mobb-phonics and MD beats a way of life. I could end this with Shook Ones, but track after track shines. Eye For a Eye (Your Beef is Mines) with Shallah Raekwon & Nasty Nas makes me wonder how I forgot how nasty Nasir use to get with it.

Quotable: "Condominium, thug dressed like a gentleman
Tailor made ostrich, Chanel for my women friend
Murderin, numbers on your head while I'm burglarin
Shank is servin em, whassup to all my niggaz swervin in
New York metropolis, the Bridge brings apocalypse
Shoot at the clouds feels like, the holy beast is watchin us
Mad man my sanity is goin like an hourglass
Gun inside my bad hand I sliced tryin to bag grams"


#16 -
Gangstarr - Step in the Arena



DOWNLOAD IT

The second effort from Premo & Guru is much improved over No More Mr. Nice Guy. It was only '91 and Premier was already at a level where his beats couldn't get any better. Combine that with Guru monotone flow that worked so well over these beats.

Quotable: "I was raised like a Muslim
Prayin' to the East
Nature of my life relates rhymes I release
like a cannon
Cuz I been plannin' to be rammin' what I wrote
straight on a plate down your throat
So digest as I suggest we take a good look
At who's who while I'm readin' from my good book
And let's dig into every nook and every cranny
Set your mind free as I slam these thoughts
And just like a jammy goes pow
You're gonna see what I'm sayin' now
You can't be sleepin'
cuz things are gettin' crazy
You better stop being lazy
There's many people frontin'
And many brothers droppin'"

Free Site Counters