Thursday, June 26, 2008

Its A Lifestyle's Top 25 Rap Albums Of All Time

#25 - #21


#25 - MF DOOM & Madlib - Madvillainy


Download & Listen For Yourself

What makes this album so special? Two of the most versatile artists in underground rap collaborating on one album? And performing as demented monster men straight out of comic book lore? AND planning to take over the world through dope hip-hop music.

Quotable: "Just remember all caps when you spell the man's name..."


#24 - Geto Boys - We Can't Be Stopped


Download & Listen For Yourself

Everyone knows "My Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me", but this album is so much more. Weak moments on this album are few and far between, and the only entirely unnecessary track on the whole LP is the "Rebel Rap Family" intro.

Quotable: "Yo Flav, I give a fuck about a God damn Grammy
But them motherfuckin hoes won't hand me one
At least you was invited by the bigots
The motherfuckers told me to buy a ticket!
To their phony ass ceremony
Fuck Oscar, Emmy, and Tony!
Cause when it comes to award time
Niggaz be standin on the God damn sideline
I'm loadin my nine, cause I got a lot of grudges
I'm 'bout to take out the judges
Willie D won't shit 'cha, but hit 'cha
Take a look at the overall picture
Every year it's the same old story
Same faces, same categories
I sold a lot of records and a lot of people know me
NOW WHERE'S MY GOD DAMN TROPHY!"


#23 - Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death


Download & Listen For Yourself Disc I
Download & Listen For Yourself Disc II

If this were a single disc album; it'd mostly likely be a top 10 or even 5 album imo. But 24 tracks spread over two disc wears a little thin. Some cuts were uninspiring, like Niggas Bleed, Miss U, and Another. The guest raps from Diddy could be done without, and it would be nice to see more of the newfound spirituality Biggie professed in the interviews before his grim death.

Quotable: "Your reign on the top was short like leprechauns
As I crush so-called willies, thugs, and rapper-dons

Get in that ass, quick fast, like ramadan

Its that rap phenomenon Don-Dadda, fuck Poppa

You got ta, call me, Francis M.H.
White
in tank-light totes, tote iron
Was told in shootouts, stay low, and keep firin

Keep extra clips for extra shit

Who's next to flip, on that cat with that grip on rap

The mo shady, "Tell em!", Frankie baby

Ain't no tellin where I may be
May see me in D.C. at Howard Homecomin with my man Capone, dumbin, fuckin somethin
You should know my steelo

Went from ten G's for blow to thirty G's a show
to orgies with hoes I never seen befo' so, Jesus, get off the Notorious penis, before I squeeze and bust
If the beef between us, we can settle it
With the chrome and metal shit I make it hot, like a kettle get
You're delicate, you better get, who sent ya?

You still pedal shit, I got more rides than Great Adventure

Biggie, "How are you gonna do it?"



#22 - Organized Konfusion - The Equinox


Download & Listen For Yourself

Prince Po & Pharoahe Monch formed one of the most underrated East Coast rap groups ever. And this is the last of three album they put out as a group. This album is pure dopeness.

Quotable: "Nine times out of ten, a nigga wanna shine
But nobody shines brighter than the light Organized
Extra-tight, one hundred percent, drama full armor
The persona is to "Crush Kill Destroy" the bad karma that
hums superb, lyrics emerge from the slums
of the latest gun drug runs, fun feds and dum-dums
Priority and confidential
Organized mission is rippin any instrumental, believe that"



#21 - Jay-Z - The Blueprint


Download & Listen For Yourself

The Blueprint is Jay's architectural master plan on how to run rap.

1- Minimal Features
2- Dope beats with meaniful samples

Quotable:

"Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?"

"To all you other cats throwing shots at Jigga/You only get half a bar, fuck y'all niggas"

Free Site Counters