Saturday, October 14, 2006

I wipe the blunts ash from my clothes...

The other day, I learned a real life lesson. Doing what you love is HARD. It's tough, you have way more problems, and you'll NEVER have enough time for anything. But it is one of the greatest feelings on earth.

After lost audio footage, my phone getting cut off, and my project of uploading the Hov repetoire being completely erased, I decided to take some "me" time. So I walked to Walgreens and got a pack of Blacks. As I go outside to relax, I see two of my smoking buddies, Q and Erica. And they happen to have some green.

As I got lifted, I could feel myself relaxing, but this voice in the back of my mind kept calling me. I was really on my Pookie shit. It kept saying, "I can review the audio and find the questions I asked backwards. Sure it's gonna be tough, but you gotta do what you gotta do." It told me to charge my laptop as I smoked so later on I could take it outside.

One of the strangest and most-feared of feelings came across me. I actually wanted to DO SOMETHING. I wanted to get back to work. I wanted to go and put 110% into something again. And that something was this website. It's more than just the website, though. It's the idea behind this website. The idea that as long as you have something you are striving for, as long as you have a dream you wholeheartedly believe in, you can achieve it. I'm addicted to this. I love this shit.

And now, as I'm sitting in this gazebo, high as hell, I just have one message I want to send to everyone before I get into the great things that today entails for our readers. Go, now, and find your purpose. Everybody has one, and they're free of charge. Once you find it, chase the hell out of it. Go for it like it's the tape at the finish line. The minute you start, though, there's no turning back. From then on, it's go hard of go home. You're going to hurt. You're going to stress yourself out. But above all else, you will love every minute of it.

Now let's get down to bidness.

-Key player in the "It's A Lifestyle" crew, Dave aka illimental, is allowing himself to introduce...himself.

-Matthew Ford is an incredibly cool cat, and "It's A Lifestyle" got to sit down with him and hit a few blunts as he spoke on fashion, music, and the great city of Washington, DC.

-Hov wants us to "Show 'Em What You Got." We're going to show everyone what he has.

Free Site Counters