Sunday, August 10, 2008

Juelz Santana On Def Jam For $2 Million

The image “http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o267/mwzadotcom/dee00-1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Juelz is glad to be free, and Cam'ron is still making moves. Straight from Baller Status:

Cam'ron Sells Juelz Santana To Def Jam For $2 Million

The separation within the Dipset hierarchy continues.


With members like Jim Jones branching off, creating spin-offs from the original family, most has wondered what Juelz Santana has been up to. Well, he's back.


In a recent YouTube video, the rapper exclaimed "I'm back" before revealing several new projects in the works -- including a new mixtape from his new crew, the Skull Gang; a solo mixtape titled The Reagan Era; and his a forthcoming Def Jam project titled Born To Lose, Built To Win.

That's not all the news that's come out since this return.


Hot 97's Miss Info recently spotted an M.I.A. Cam'ron at a show in New Jersey, and discovered some shocking news about the young Dipset underboss -- he's been sold.


"Oh, by the way, I gotta talk to you about something else too. I sold Juelz' contract to Def Jam for $2 million dollars," Cam told Miss Info.


It's not just hearsay or rumors either. It's confirmed. Juelz backed Cam's statement, telling Miss Info that he's "finally free."


"Yeah, I'm free, and ready to do me," Juelz said. "But it's still Dipset for life. It's just going to be a new chapter."


Despite the separation, the rapper made it clear that there was no beef with Cam'ron, but did hint at some shadiness behind the scenes.


"I have no hard feeling for Cam, after all, he did give me a chance," he said. "But I will say this, I was loyal to him and he took advantage."


On the business side of things, however, Juelz revealed that he's put himself into a better position over at Def Jam, announcing that he's landed a joint venture, 50/50 deal with the label.


The first release under the new deal will be his next album,
Born to Lose, Built to Win.

"I would like to say sorry to all my fans, and the DJs, and most of all, my city, New York. Play time is over. I'm back. Y'all n****s know what time it is," Juelz exclaimed.


At press time, a timeframe for the release of the upcoming Def Jam project was not immediately available.

Free Site Counters