Thursday, March 08, 2007

Nigger.Nigga.Niggaz.



Damn.

I never really thought about it like that?

Did you?

The word "nigga" and its variations have passed through my mouth more than I can care to remember. I even thought at one time that it was a term of endearment, but it wasn't. I was blinded by the fact that I had accepted the word, let it come into my vocabulary, and used it on a day to day basis. But no more, and you shouldn't either. As pro-black as I claimed to be, I was only shooting myself in the foot when I would talk about how "black people don't have their shit together" then come right back with the word "nigga please".

Give it some thought. I mean, whats the worst that could happen? Sure, you'd sound a little different saying something other than "my nigga", but could it be all that bad?

I was watching "Bastards of the Party" on OnDemand the other night and a gentleman made the comment that "Its easy to call another man a 'nigga', by saying 'that nigga aint shit' or 'imma kill that nigga', but suppose you replaced that word nigga...with brother, its hard to say...'i'm going to kill that brother'...because you don't kill your brother...you love your brother."

That hit home with me more than anything that I had seen in a long time. And the fact that it carries so much truth to it has urged me not to say "nigga", "nigger', or "niggas" in almost two weeks.

Anyways. Whats Up to the "Its A Lifestyle" family, just making myself acquainted, hope this site blows up so I can get my royalties (No Five Heartbeats)

Until Next Time,

Stay Black.

-The Black Hey Zeus

Free Site Counters